34th Colloquium of Linguistics - Conference Program

Please circulate! We apologize for any cross-postings.

         |                                            |
         |       34th COLLOQUIUM OF LINGUISTICS       |
         |                                            |
         |        34. LINGUISTISCHES KOLLOQUIUM       |
         |                                            |
         |         34e COLLOQUE LINGUISTIQUE          |
         |                                            |
         |            September 7-10, 1999            |
         |                                            |
         |        University of Mainz, Germany        |
         |____________________________________________|
         |                                            |
         |              LAST ANNOUNCEMENT             |
         |____________________________________________|

         LINGUISTICS ON THE WAY INTO THE NEW MILLENNIUM

                         INVITED SPEAKERS

              Juergen Handke (Universitaet Marburg)
              Linguistics and the New Technologies:
           Teaching Linguistics in the New Millennium

               Robert D. King (University of Texas)
       Linguistics & Public Linguistics in the 21st Century

                     INVITED TUTORIAL SPEAKERS

                Sydney M. Lamb (Rice University)
              The Neurocognitive Basis of Language

              Peter Hellwig (Universitaet Heidelberg)
               Natural Language Parsing, Part 1 & 2

              Christian Otto (Universitaet Erlangen)
                Sprachtechnologie fuer das Internet

                   Uta Seewald-Heeg (FH Anhalt)
                     Maschinelle Uebersetzung

PROGRAM OVERVIEW

               |  Morning    |   Afternoon  |    Evening
---------------+-------------+--------------+--------------
 Tue, Sept. 7  |  Tutorials  |   Tutorials  |  Germersheim
               |             |              |  Guided Tour
---------------+-------------+--------------+--------------
 Wed, Sept. 8  | Opening &   |     Papers   |   Reception
               |   Papers    |              |  (Town Hall)
---------------+-------------+-----------------------------
 Thu, Sept. 9  |   Papers    |   Excursion to Heidelberg
               |             |          and Speyer
---------------+-------------------------------------------
 Fri, Sept. 10 |         Papers &        |   (Departure)
               |      Conference End     |

The full program comprises more than 250 presentations.

Please consult our website at http://www.fask.uni-mainz.de/lk/ for

- The full program
- Online abstracts
- A list of participants
- Travel information
- Registration details

CONFERENCE ADDRESS

Please send all correspondence to the following address:

34th Colloquium of Linguistics   http://www.fask.uni-mainz.de/lk/
c/o Dr. Reinhard Rapp            rapp@usun2.fask.uni-mainz.de
Universitaet Mainz, FASK         Phone:  (+49) 7274 / 508-457
D-76711 Germersheim              Fax:    (+49) 7274 / 508-429
Germany

.