Re: applications vs. underlying level

I really agree on this one: you can't set about looking for a good way
to measure something unless you know what it is you're trying to
measure, and a lot of the time we don't.

That's partly why the EAGLES stuff puts such a lot of emphasis on trying
to break down the "quality" of a system into a concrete feature
structure: each node in the structure corresponds to some attribute
you're trying to find a value for.

Maghi

 Our real difficulty is that we don't know how

--
Please note my new e-mail address (old address was king@divsun.unige.ch)
Maghi King                   | E-mail: Margaret.King@issco.unige.ch