'The Evaluation of Parsing Systems'
at the 1st International Conference on Language
Resources and Evaluation,
Granada, Spain, May 1998.
The proceedings are available (in printed form only) as a technical
report (Cognitive Science Research Paper 489, School of Cognitive and Computing
Sciences, University of Sussex, UK)
- A survey of parser evaluation methods (Carroll & Briscoe);
- Evaluating a robust parser for Italian (Basili, Pazienza, Zanzotto);
- Chunking Itlian: linguistic and task-oriented evaluation (Federici,
- Modifying existing annotated corpora for general comparative evaluation
of parsing (Gaizauskas, Hepple, Huyck);
- Evaluation of the syntactic analysis component of an information extraction
system for German (Klein, Declerck, Neumann);
- Dependency-based evaluation of MINIPAR (Lin); Evaluating parses for
spoken language dialogue systems (Minker & Chase);
- A corpus for parse pruning (Muller-Landmann); The TOSCA parsing system
- Grammar and parser evaluation in the XTAG project (Srinivas et al).